The minutes on the content of the proposed Bill, which will be introduced and passed this year can be download at the link below.
There’s a lot to digest. some interesting points:
1) It looks like 10 lucky international sport shooters out of the 3000-5000 might be allowed to keep their semi-autos. No further exemptions for sport shooters though.
2) 260 rifle and shooting clubs will now need to be licenced. The Act will define what a club or range is.
3) Fees may be charged for assessing fit and proper, registering firearms, recording the sale of firearms, inspections and compliance.
4) The Act will provide a regulation making power to prescribe advertising requirements.
5) The whole registration thing.