UPDATE: German Chancellor Angela Merkel has issued new regulations including a ban on meetings of more than two people.
There are exceptions for families and for people who live together.
• All restaurants, cafes and service providers such as hair-dressers where a 2-meter (6.5 feet) distance between people is not possible must close
• In public, people who don’t live together must maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between each other
• Companies must observe hygiene regulations for employees
• Traveling to work, helping others and individual exercise are still allowed
• The rules will initially apply for two weeks
Merkel warned that the new restrictions are rules, not recommendations. The police will make sure that they are adhered to.
After announcing the Germany-wide measures, Merkel was informed that a doctor she had been in contact with on Friday had meanwhile tested positive for the coronavirus. She will now go into quarantine, according to her spokesman Steffen Seibert.
#StrongEurope | #COVID19 | #Coronavirus | #C19